Thursday, December 3, 2015

Through the Eyes of the Pit

I came across this poem from an unknown author. It is titled “A Pitbull’s Prayers”.



You made me what I am today, courage at it’s best.
You wanted me to know no fear , a cut above the rest.
Not only did I master that, I’ve thrown in loyalty too.
Look past my eyes into my soul, you know I’d die for you.
I’ll watch your kids, I’ll watch your house, your praise will be my crown.
Ask what you will, I’ll do my best, I’ll even be your clown.
But some of you don’t like me, I’m sure I don’t know why.
The only thing I’m guilty of is courage, love, and try.
But still they want to see me go, they want my breed to end.
Will I see you sitting idly by? You, whom I call my friend?
You made me what I am today, you never saw me waiver.
I’ve done my best to keep you safe. Won’t you please return the favor?



The speaker of this poem is the pit bull and it tells how we have made this breed out to be aggressive. The breed has only done what we asked of it, just like any other dog breed there is. “Ask what you will, I’ll do my best”. The breed was trying to please each and every owner just as any dog does. Some have praised the dog for being aggressive and some have praised the dog for being kind.

The dog in this poem is upset and confused. It was only trying o do well by its owner, whether or not those owners be good or bad. The dog is confused because even though it is doing well by its owner, people still want to do away with its breed. So the dog is asking all of the pit bull owners or pit bull lovers to not back down and give up on the fight to keep this breed alive.





Works Cited
Unknown, "A Pitbull's Prayers"

No comments:

Post a Comment