Thursday, December 3, 2015

Interview


I asked a friend of mine a few questions about pit bulls. I was curious as to how she felt about them, so she was the one I picked for this interview. Here's how it went…

Q: Do you feel that certain dog breeds are more aggressive than others?

A: I think that some breeds are trained to be more aggressive than others. Just like people, people aren’t born mean, they’re trained to be mean.

Q: Do you think that it is the breed’s instincts to be aggressive or is it the owner’s methods in raising them that makes the dog aggressive?

A: Definitely the owner. You can see all over the place "aggressive" breeds not being aggressive one bit. If the owner is training the animal to be an angry and overly defensive animal, then that's what it will become.

Q: Do you feel uncomfortable around certain dog breeds because of the stereotypes made about them?

A: I do prefer certain breeds of dogs over others, but I don't ever feel uncomfortable around the breeds of dogs that have been stereotyped.

Q: What are some of the stereotypes you have heard about pit bulls?

A: That they shouldn't be around children, they shouldn't be a type of dog at all, that all of them are going to fight, they're all bad dogs.

Q: Would you ever consider adopting one of these dogs if you only had the knowledge of these stereotypes?

A: I like to piss people off, so yeah I would. Just because I'd want to prove them wrong. Plus, pit bulls are so adorable.

Q: Do you agree with the restrictions made on pit bulls? For example, some landlords won’t allow you to have a pit bull or sometimes they’re not allowed in certain dog parks.


A: I don't think there should be anymore restriction on them as there are on regular dogs. I feel this was because I've personally have had more issues with "family oriented" dogs than I have with "aggressive" dogs. Dogs are the product of their environment and their training.  

No comments:

Post a Comment